In the early days of the internet, video marketing was only for those with deep pockets and hive-like connections.
These days, however, in a trend that shows no sign of slowing down, video marketing is as prevalent as an Instagram vacation selfie. To stay relevant, every business should consider adding videos to their marketing strategy.
The numbers are staggering: Insiders report that 87% of online marketers use video content and that 82% of Twitter users watch video content. Here are some other fun facts from Wordstream:
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Sixty-four percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video
Why are marketing videos everywhere?
- Anyone with a smartphone or a laptop with a webcam in it can create and post videos
- Economical, targeted advertising on social media sites has leveled the playing field
Why marketing videos are important for your business:
- Videos tell a story. Marketing videos tell your story and sell your product in a thorough and personal way
- Targeted advertising and SEO gained from it, are shortcuts to customers who may be interested in your product
All of this can be intimidating, but don’t worry! Here are a couple of tips on how to convey your message in a sincere and effective way.
· Make a script and practice – you’ll have only a few moments to catch your viewer’s attention. Working out what you want to say will help you make your offer clearly, and ensure that you’re conveying the intended message. Better yet — write (or delegate to a ghost writer) a monthly blog – you can use this as the subject of your video AND your SCRIPT!
· Make Lighting and Sound Your New Best Friends – Nothing turns a viewer off faster than potato-quality images and fuzzy sound. As long as you avoid excessive backlighting and speak clear enough to be heard, you’re on the right track.
Above all, however, don’t give up – your tenth video will be much better than your first. Don’t get discouraged if your first few don’t get the results you wanted. The hardest part of any project is getting started. We’re rooting for you!