Here's a list of simple projects you can tackle to improve the look (and value) of your home.
Projects Under $100
1. Rearrange Furniture. Pull furniture away from the walls and position it at new, more inviting angles. You’ll change the look and dimension of your room.
2. Paint Walls. Choose one wall to paint in an accent color. Select a hue that’s already a part of the décor, one that complements and highlights your pieces.
3. Get Plenty of Greens. Lush broad-leafed plants are easy to maintain indoors and add some life to any room. If you don’t have a green thumb, opt for silk plants instead.
4. Accent Floors. A new rug is the perfect accent. Look for one that has colors that reflects your décor, and then angle it under a coffee table or dining room table.
5. Frame It. Use multiple frames that are of a similar style to create a framed picture collage on the wall. If frames don’t match, faux finish them for a complete look. . Lighting dictates the mood of a room. Mix and match lamp bases and shades to create new looks. Looking for another bright idea? Add recessed lighting.
6. Light Up Your Room.
7. Go Faux. Create a whole new look with faux finishing. Washing, leafing, marbling and stripping can be used to change walls or make furniture look fresh.
8. Update Cabinets. New hardware can transform a kitchen. Select matching sets of knobs and pulls to completely change the look and feel of your cabinets.
9. Wallpaper. Wallpaper doesn’t need to go wall-to-wall. Use it with paint to accent borders or choose a single wall to express your style.
Projects Under $500
10. Update Fixtures. New fittings, a fresh vanity and new toilet can completely change the appearance of your bathroom. Choose sets that work well together.
11. Add Moulding. Crown moulding adds a touch of luxury. To install it yourself, buy extra moulding and practice your miter cuts before beginning.
12. Update Flooring. New flooring gives a room a boost from the bottom. Try a natural-looking wood laminate. It’s simple to install and yields extraordinary results.
13. Install a fan. A large, decorative ceiling fan with a light fixture can brighten a room and create a comfortable climate
that you control at the touch of a button.
14. Organize Closets. Less clutter will make your entire home feel more spacious. Maximize storage with new shelving and wire organizers so everything is neat.
15. Care For Your Landscape. Add new hedges in the front, trees in the back and flowers that complement your home’s exterior. Little outdoor projects like these can really make you feel more settled in.
Copyright © 2019 Realty Times. All Rights Reserved.